Sunday, Aug. 4....Church day....Caitlin got up on her own, dressed, and came in for breakfast. Alaina woke on her own, ate her breakfast and was in a good mood..................until... .it was time to get dressed for church. Her little mind decided that she was not going to get dressed; nor go to church...Caitlin tried every method she knew to cajole her; nothing worked; so she gave up...then it was my turn....no amount of reasoning or logic or promise of good things seemed to deter her from her mindset...so what's a Nanny to do....I spoke firmly to her and said that it was time to go and that she was going with us either in her pj's or in her beautiful yellow dress...it was up to her..and started to walk out the door...she said, or cried, "no, come back"....after we had another little talk, she reluctantly let me dress her and make an attempt at brushing her hair...all the time having a frowny face and uttering whiny words....I continued on, with a stern face and a determination that we would get through this and be happy!!! We loaded up with our blankets and phones and snacks and drove to Hemphill to church where we stayed from 9:15 til 1 pm....Alaina was in a good mood once we got there, behaved perfectly all during Sac. Mtg. did well in her Primary class and was "angelic" on the trip back home.........Caitlin, of course was on her best behavior and was friendly to everyone...most of the church members remembered her from her visit last year...I enjoyed having them with me and being able to to be the proud "grandma" when my friends complimented them on how pretty they were and how well behaved they were. Several of the members said the they thought Alaina favored me...now that made my heart swell....When we got back home from church, Rusty and Shannon were already there..the girls were so excited to reunite with them.................tonight was a little bit sad for me because this was the last night of their stay...when I hugged them goodnight, I wanted to just hang on a little bit longer....how thankful I am for this time that we've shared ..it is my hope and desire that all of my grandchildren will always know by my words and actions that I love them dearly and that I am sincerely interested in their lives...how blessed I am...
No comments:
Post a Comment