Saturday, Aug. 3....this morning the girls had waffles and strawberries for breakfast; then Alaina asked for a bowl of watermelon...I don't know how her little tummy can hold so much...but she ate it all...we played with her Zoobles for awhile, while Caitlin watched Spirit...she loves that movie....then we collected all their dirty clothes and washed them in preparation for re packing...we began our clean up before Mommy and Daddy arrived....Alaina wanted to help sweep so she got the little dust broom and pan and went around sweeping up crumbs here and there...We took a ride around the pasture before noon, looking for animals of any kind....saw a big rabbit that Lilo chased into the woods....Alaina decided that she wanted to "drive" the 4 wheeler while we were in the back pasture; but she did not want Caitlin to steer it for her...she was insistent; so Caitlin just got off the 4 wheeler and jogged back to the house. We were so hot when we finished our ride that we had to take a popsicle break. This morning early the girls and I ran a tub full of water and let the sun heat it in preparation for an afternoon bath for Lilo; so around 3 we put Lilo in her tub and everybody got a turn scubbing Lilo clean...that was a fun experience...Caitlin made a brownie trifle this evening for our dessert tomorrow...it was hard for her to wait to taste it; so she saved some slivers of brownie to eat. Ronnie fished this morning and caught 20 white perch. When he came home he asked who wanted to help clean them and Alaina said, "me"....she stayed at the barn while Ronnie cleaned the fish, then rode with him to dump the "guts"...did not bother her at all. After Ronnie mowed the yard, he and Alaina took the 4 wheeler and hooked up the "sweeper" and raked up the excess grass and dumped it in the pasture...she liked that job and was fascinated with the sweeper ..While Alaina was spending time with Ronnie, Caitlin and I had some one on one time to talk...our time together has been limited because of sharing time with Alaina...tonight we made Smores again and the girls had their chocolate experience ...good but messy...and of course before bed, they got their ice cream cone...when it was time to dress for bed, Alaina said , "I can't put Dora on because she has a hole in her"...so I had to sew up her sleeve before "Dora" was ready for wearing.............as I tucked them in tonight , I offered a prayer of thanks for our time together...it has been a good week for us to bond, to get to know each other better and to make memories...I can tell that I don't have the energy that I once had; but I would not let that keep me from having one week of precious time with 2 of my grandchildren...
No comments:
Post a Comment