Monday, December 12, 2011

Felt Playhouse . . . finished in time

Several months ago I posted my beginnings of a playhouse for the girls - here.  I had two sides completely cut out and pinned together and had it that way for a month before I got out my sewing machine.  I was procrastinating.  My sewing machine and I have a love-hate relationship.  I love to think I can learn to sew and then hate it when it proves me wrong.

Anyway, a week ago, I finally got it out.  I was afraid I was running out of time to have it ready for Christmas morning.  I put the girls to bed and started sewing.  My stitches kept coming out and it was too loud for Caitlin to go to sleep.  Since the only time I had to sew was when the girls were sleeping, I had to come up with a new plan.

Thankfully, Heather, my sister that seems to have no problems at all sewing like I do, agreed to help me.  Seriously, in three days, she had everything sewed together.  (Is is sewed or sewn?  I don't know.)  It was ALOT of sewing!!  I wanted it to be interactive not just decorative so that added to the amount that needed to be sewn.

Anyway, she did a FABULOUS job, don't you think??

It hangs over some on the floor but I think the girls won't mind.  I obviously have issues with measuring and cutting as well.  OH WELL!!!

The flowers can be picked (they are velcroed on).  There is also a watering car that they can "water" the flowers with.

Front door.  I can see Caitlin writing many letters to leave in the mailbox.

The apple tree.  The apples can be "picked" and put into the basket.  Heather had the great idea to leave the top of the basket unsewn so they can slip them in to the basket.

The doghouse with a doggy door.  Caitlin will LOVE this one!! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH HEATHER!!!!!

2 comments:

Smith1230 said...

You are so welcome. They will love it and that's what matters. Honestly, after sewing it, I don't think they hanging over will be a big deal. Sewing the sides together helped with some of the overage. I think you can let them play in it without having to lift it up any with pillows. I can't wait to see videos of them playing in it!!

Laura Jenkins said...

I love it- they will too! fabulous idea:)