Monday, June 20, 2016

Texts from a 6 year old

I read that you can set up any apple product to text and facetime without needing a data plan.  So I was able to set up Caitlin's iphone (an old one of ours that has no phone/data service) and the old iPad that Alaina uses so they could each text and facetime with no extra cost to us. Score!!  This way we could text with them while we are out at various times.  Alaina loves being able to send me messages while I am at work.  And I love trying to interpret them.
I later learned that Rusty had bought her a toy dog and she was excited to tell me about it.

They are quite funny!  She likes to use the predictive text to help form her sentences.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

2 comments:

Smith1230 said...

This is too funny! How did you set it up.

Shannon Hairr said...

You turn on Family Sharing and then create an icloud account for them. It's basically an apple id that is designated as a kid account. Then you set their apple device up using their icloud account. As long as they are connected to wifi, they can imessage and facetime.