Friday, June 19, 2009

Renaissance Festival

On Memorial Day (yes I'm a little behind in blogging), Caitlin and I went with Kara to the Renaissance Festival. I had never been before and I just knew Caitlin would love it. I was right!! Luckily, we had a cloudy day with a little rain so it wasn't too hot and we got to see everything we wanted. Caitlin loved seeing all the people in costumes, especially the knights.



In front of the castle.

We watched a real jousting tournament. It was brutal!

My little fairy!
Why she wanted to ride the stinky camel, I do not know, but she loved it!


Her favorite part of the day was getting a dragonfly painted on her face!

She rode this kids ride that was a "jousting horse." They let you hold the jousting stick and try to get it through a ring while you ride. Caitlin just wanted to ride. I think she was afraid of falling off.

2 comments:

hydeeann said...

stinky camels & a little paint on your face - life's simple pleasures!

put some pictures of yourself in here! like most moms & photographers, you need to hand the camera over once in a while. let caitlin try! (did i msp her name?)

Shannon Hairr said...

Pictures of myself? I don't know what you are talking about!! :) There really aren't many. I am going to try to take some belly pictures with Caitlin and me and the belly once I am a little bigger. And, Yes, congrats, you are one of the few who spelled her name right! :)