Beware - gross picture below!! Caitlin had this rash on her leg/bottom and it just kept getting worse and worse. They turned into sores and it was really bad. I showed Ben (my brother-in-law who is a paramedic) and he said it looked like staph. So I took her to the doctor the next day and sure enough she has a staph infection. The doctor had to lance the sores to test the strain of staph and to get the infection out so it can't get into her blood stream. I had to hold Caitlin down and she was SCREAMING!!! It was a traumatic day for both of us. We had to sterilize the house, sheets, clothes, etc to make sure the infection doesn't spread. The antibiotic already seems to be working and the sores are much better. Hopefully this is the last of the infection!
Us waiting for the doctor - before the trauma!


1 comment:
i am soooo sorry shannon! i seriously think it is a blessing you got to it cause that can definately be bad. how does that even happen? so many questions, 1:24am is not the time to call... yikes!
Post a Comment