Thursday, October 13, 2016

Caitlin's first planned YW activity

A few months ago I was released from working with the Beehives group (ages 12-13) in the Young Women's organization.  I was released right before Caitlin turned 12.  She was a little bummed but she is loving young womens!  Before I was released, I had started having the girls plan one of our class activities each  month.  It was great for them to plan an activity and try to do something that was fun but also a learning experience. Sister Gibbs kept this up when she took over. Each of the girls had taken one activity so far and it was Caitlin's turn.  She decided she wanted to do a service activity.  There was a new girl that came sometimes and Caitlin met her on her very first YW night.  So she planned a "heart attack" activity.  The girls cut out hearts and decorated them with pictures and sweet notes.  Then they drove to her house and taped them to her front door.  The dad caught them in the act but he played along and kept their secret.  She said it was a blast!




No comments: