Last night at gymnastics, towards the end of class, I noticed that Alaina wasn't doing what she was supposed to. She was just sitting pouting. I went to go talk to her and asked her what was wrong. She started crying. One of the girls in her class had gotten a medal during class for completing a hard task. Alaina was upset because she wanted a medal too. I asked her what she needed to do to earn one and she didn't know. Her coach asked if she was okay and I told her what was going on. She said that the next station she was supposed to do was a medal station. If she could do a pullover, unassisted, she would get to ring the bell and would get a medal. (When anyone performs a hard task by themselves, they get to ring the bell) Alaina was DETERMINED to get that pullover. She had never done it by herself before and it looked tough. But she listened to her coach and she FINALLY did it by herself. She got to ring the bell and she got her medal!
And if you're wondering what a pullover is, click here.
2 comments:
Way to go Alaina! Just don't teach Uncle Andrew! He'll get broken! :)
Great job Alaina!! Way to work hard.
Post a Comment