Yesterday, we did hear back about the play Caitlin auditioned for. This is the email I received:
Caitlin,
Thank you for
coming to audition for Springhouse Theatre's production of Mark Twain
Presents: the Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I am pleased to offer you a non
speaking role and the understudy for Becky Thatcher & Mary Sawyer.
Because of the
strong turn out for these auditions I am going to double cast this role in the
play (and many others roles as well). Your Cast will be performing the evening
show(s) on the 8th, 16th, 22nd, and the 3:30 performance on the 24th. The
decision to double cast will also require some adjustment to the rehearsal
schedule you were shown at auditions. Your rehearsal requirements will not be
any heavier than you saw, but we will probably need to work in a couple of
different days to accommodate two casts.
Please respond
to this email indicating if you will accept this role, and I look forward to
working with you.
Caitlin wasn't as thrilled as I was. She only saw the "non speaking role" part. I asked her how many girls tried out for the female teen roles. She said probably about 50. Once I pointed out that with the double casting, 4 girls were cast above her for Becky and Mary and that she came in 5th out of 50 girls, when she was one of the youngest that tried out (and not even a teen), she felt a little better. For her 1st community theater audition, I think she did amazing! She was even joking about how to take out one of the leads so she can take over. She kids, she kids!!
1 comment:
hahaha good for her though.
Post a Comment