I have always loved the Disney movie Newsies. I remember seeing it in college in the theater on a date and having the music stuck in my head for days after.
Ever since they made it a broadway show, mom and I have been tracking it's progress. So when we found out it was coming to Nashville, we just had to go.
We did like the show. There were significant differences and I knew that going in. I didn't mind them but I did love the movie better. I felt like the person who played Jack did not have a big enough presence. You could barely pick him out in the group. And the new female reporter character (Katherine) seemed very snotty. I don't know if that was the way it was written or just the way she played it. Same with the character of Davey. In this version, he was so whiny. It really was annoying and hard to like him. But I did love Medda and little Les stole the show!
Horrible pre-show selfies!
And this is what you get when you ask a stranger to take your group picture!
Mom did much better!
No comments:
Post a Comment