Monday, November 5, 2012

10K

I don't know why I don't learn and take a before picture.  I think I'm too nervous still about the races.

My 10K was Saturday morning - EARLY!  And man, it was cold. 
I wasn't too nervous about finishing this race.  I had run over 6 miles several times so I knew I could do it.  My goal was to run it in under 65 minutes, though.  I had never done that before.

But no one warned me about the hills!  I don't train on hills.  My part of town is pretty flat.  And I'll be honest, running on hills just never sounded fun so I never did it.

Well this course was hill after hill after massive hill.  I will say I only walked once so I count that as a victory in my book.  My time was 1:09:04 and I had a pace of 11:09.

I just found the pictures from the race.  I obviously need to work on my posing during running.
But it proves I did it.  :)

And I can't wait for the next one!

No comments: