Saturday, January 28, 2012
She was raised by animals and almost died . . .
Today, the girls and I were eating lunch and I look over at Caitlin and her mouth is crammed full of food. She had stuffed it full of the last of her lunch and could barely even chew. I, of course, started to lecture her on manners and why it was rude to eat like she was raised by animals. I take another bite of my lunch and then Caitlin starts choking. She was seriously choking. There was panic in her eyes. I jumped up, hit her on the back, put my arms around her for the heimlich. I think I squeezed 2-3 times. I don't even think my hands were in the right place or was anywhere close to the right technique but finally the food came out. I just had to sit down, hug her and cry a little. There had been a split second of panic where I thought, "This isn't working. I can't handle this!" And then it was all over and everything was fine. I've been saying some extra prayers of thanks today!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Scary. Glad she's ok!!
oh my gosh. I'm saying one right now in support of yours. I can only imagine the panic. :( I'm glad you are both ok. love you.
Post a Comment