Monday, November 14, 2011

Goose Egg

Yesterday after church, we had just gotten home.  Rusty and I were talking, about to start dinner.  Alaina was running around.  I saw that she was over by her high chair.  She likes to climb up in it and usually does a great job.  Today, not so much.  We weren't watching and just heard a crash and immediate crying.  I went and got her and took her to see Rusty.  She was laying her head on my shoulder.  I look back at Rusty and saw his face.  I immediately knew something was wrong with her.  It scared me to death!!  I pull her away from me so I can see what it is.  She had an immediate swelling on her head.  Like you would see in a boxing/MMA match - a hematoma.

She wouldn't let us put an ice pack on it.  (I don't blame her!)  We immediately call the pediatrician and left a message for the doctor on call.  We googled head injuries in toddlers and there weren't any warning signs that she was exhibiting.  I talked to the nurse line with my insurance and while I was doing that, the doctor called and Rusty talked to her.  While we were doing all of that, Alaina stopped crying, and started playing with the ipad, running around the house, giggling - back to her normal self.  After all of that, we felt like she was okay.  YAY no ER trip!!

She does have a good goose egg, though!!