Monday, April 12, 2010

Journaling

I'm trying to be better about my journaling.  It's not something that's easy for me.  I don't like to sit down and write just to be writing.  So I've been keeping it electronically for a while now and that definitely helps.  It still is hard to remember to do it, so I found these journal prompts that give you something to think about and hopefully write about.  Most of them are good for blog entries too, and let's face it, most of my journal entries come from my blog.  So here's the first one. 

Describe a 'sound' from your childhood. What was it?  When did you hear it? What does it bring to mind?

The first thing I thought of was a trumpet.  LOL  I know, weird, right?  We kids weren't always the easiest to wake up so my dad would sometimes pull out his old trumpet and play revelry.  That is sure to wake you up, but probably not in the best of moods.

Another way he would wake us up, and definitely not my favorite, was the cold water dripped on your face.  Not a fan of that one!

So how do you wake up your kids?

With Caitlin, she prefers the back scratching and back rubs.  She definitely likes to be pampered!  I've tried an alarm clock with her and even with it blaring right beside her head, she completely sleeps through it.  It goes off at 6am every morning, and every morning I have to go upstairs at 6:15 to turn it off and wake her up myself.  I WISH I could sleep that hard!!

3 comments:

Kara said...

I can so see your dad doing that. Andrew told me about the water but not the trumpet!

At a ward activity someone handed out sheets of paper called Journal Jar and its over 100 different prompts for journal writing. It came off the internet but I don't know which site. Its helped me keep my journal.

Smith1230 said...

dad never did the trumpet for us...guess he quit as more kids came along. Mom always turned the light on overhead!

Shannon Hairr said...

Kara, that's where I got the questions.